Sunday, April 1, 2012

Importance of Critiques

Well, I must say that the great critics at absolute write, absolutely tore me a new one. I think they were harsher than my agent! It was quite humbling to have someone tear through my work, but helpful. After I laid down my ego and pride, I realized that these are the people that are going to read my work. They are going to be buying my books so this is great feedback! Needless to say, the intros I put on absolute write have not sent to my agent, but it definitely gives me insight on how to change things before I submit to my agent.

Any budding author needs a circle where people aren't going to just say "great job" or "perfect IMO". An author needs someone that's going to be brutally honest because that's where change comes from. I really appreciate the feedback. I probably won't be back for a while; however, I have a lot of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment